A young woman with her eye on the skies, Tin Liu, author of http://astronomybythecosmos.com is also grounded enough to discover Terrier Logic. It’s literally been months since she did and nominated Terrier Logic for a Liebster Award. Life got crazy. But I haven’t forgotten.
For those unfamiliar with The Liebster Award, it carries some obligations:
- When you are tagged/nominated, you have to post 11 facts about yourself.
- Then you answer the 11 questions the Tagger has given you and make 11 questions for the people you are going to tag.
- You tag 11 more Bloggers and tell the people you tagged that you appreciate their work.
- No tagging back.
11 Facts About Myself (Toni Terrier):
- A puppy changed me. Two changed me even more.
- I love having both of my terriers curled up on my lap–although they don’t fit.
- I love learning new tricks. Like blogging.
- I’m a proud Canadian.
- My dogs helped me become a better horsewoman.
- I bellylaugh when the dogs rough-house.
- I prefer tall trees over tall buildings.
- Lyme Disease nearly took me out early. (Protect yourself from tick bites).
- This blog is a Learning Lab as well as a reason to write and share one of my passions.
- I was a Girl Guide and Girl Guide Leader. Among what I learned: try to leave the world better than you found it.
- I’m a lot like my terriers.
11 Answers to the Questions Posed By My Nominator, Tina Liu http://www.astronomybythecosmos.com
1. Which of the eight planets is your favorite? Why? Earth. I’ve lived here for years and I quite like it. None of the other planets have the really good stuff like compassion, surf and wildlife.
2. How many countries have you been to? Which ones? Coincidentally 11: Many parts of Canada, United States (continental and Hawaii), Mexico, Dominican Republic, England, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Thailand, China (Mainland, Hong Kong and Macau), and Japan. All wonderful and not nearly enough of each. Only a fraction of where I want to go, before I go.
3. Name one person who has inspired you. There are many but I’ll pick Richard Branson. Years ago he faced true uncertainty up in a super-high altitude hot air balloon when a fuel tank was accidentally jettisoned. Of course he kept going and I was riveted to his courageous video chronicle of the event. Glad he made it back safely.
4. What was your first memory? Jack rabbits in the Arizona desert.
5. What do you imagine the world to be like in a thousand years? Different but (still) determined to survive.
6. If you could, what superpower would you choose? Invisibility, super strength, clairvoyance, or super speed? FLIGHT would the superpower I’d really want. The closest to that is probably “super speed.”
7. Which of the twelve Olympians in Greek mythology is your favorite? Why? The modest and apolitical, Goddess of the Hearth, Hestia. She inspired entire towns to keep a perpetual flame in honour of children and families.
8. What is your favorite genre of books? Oh sure, ask a really hard question. Science-or literary-fiction, if I had to choose. But, please, don’t make me.
9. If you had an unlimited supply of money, how would you spend it? On making money irrelevant for the survival, health and happiness of all life on earth. Somewhere in there, I’d build a links-style golf club for my husband. That would definitely make him happy.
11. How many languages do you speak? Which ones? Only one well: English. And on some days I’m not even sure about that. Un peu Francais. Un poquito Espaniol. Learning more Canine and Equine every day. Just starting to pick up HTML.
11. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? With those I love. After that, somewhere in a mountain range with water nearby.
My 11 Questions To Those I’ve Tagged (Inspired by Terriers and Other Dogs):
- What will you hang onto in life—no matter what?
- What’s your great life obsession?
- What are you most curious about and like to dig into the most?
- About which human value are you most tenacious? Honesty, integrity, etc.
- What are you driven to rid from the world?
- What do you enjoy doing most with a/your dog?
- Why do you enjoy it? (See Q6)
- Who was the most memorable dog character you’ve ever read about in a book?
- Where’s the craziest place you’ve seen a dog sleep?
- What would you protect if you had to?
- With which breed of dog do you feel the most kinship?
My 11 Liebster Award Nominees: